© Tailmaker!! All rights reserved.
The file is slightly different from the picture: smaller 5/16" tightening bolts and no serrated edges
Please use or modify the design at your discretion but do not distribute copies without referencing this source.
This is a free download of a Vectric V-Carve file to cut the parts from 0.74" thick plywood. If different thickness material is used, some mortise and slot dimensions must be changed (see annotation in the V-Carve file).
The parts are nested to fit a 24" (x) by 18" (y) sheet. All cuts to be made with an 1/8" end mill. Make sure the straight section is at least 0.8" long. If the tool path is changed to a bigger bit, the nesting must be re-arranged. There are tabs to prevent small parts from flying but check if they fit your needs.
Other than the plywood parts you will need:
- two 1/2" bolts, rods or dowels to connect the main parts
- four 5/16" x 5" long (M8 x 120mm) carriage bolts
- four nuts and flat washer
- six 1/4" dowels for the corner alignment
- optionally four fender washers 5/16", 1.25" diameter and four springs to prevent the pressing claws from sliding around